PinPoint Talent is searching for a Systems Administrator and general Infrastructure Specialist to work remotely for a full time permanent opportunity. This generalist role will be working primarily with Linux and Windows, will need to be a power virtualisation specialist and will need to be the kind of person that is looking for ways to automate any and all repeatable tasks. We're looking for people that are passionate about the technology, excited about learning and dedicated to making sure problems are solved and downtime is non-existent. Lastly, you're someone who enjoys working with a team and is interested in all things infrastructure related; from systems to storage to security to networking and beyond.
- Post Secondary Education in Computer Science or related technology
- Intermediate to Senior experience working in IT infrastructure & Systems Administration (Linux, RedHat/CentOS) for High Availability environments
- Strong experience working with Servers, Cabling, Racks
- Experience working with Virtualisation (VMWare)
- Experience working with scripting/programming languages and in automation
- You enjoy working on projects, upgrades and migrations
- An understanding that users and client issues are not the ultimate evil and you bring a customer/solution focus to your work
- Familiarity working with firewalls, load balancers, storage and security as a generalist
- Strong communication skills and troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem solving skills
Sounds like you? Have you automated yourself out of anything new and tired of the day to day maintenance in your current environment? Apply today and take a step towards your next adventure!
This is a full time permanent role, with benefits, vacation, etc. No option for contract will be considered. This is a remote/work from home role. The successful individual will need to have a valid passport for periodic travel to the US, when it is safe to do so again. References and background checks will be completed prior to any offer being issued.