This position incorporates some functions and responsibilities of a Software Architect and Software Specialist. Under general direction, the Senior Software Engineer will evaluate, design, implement, and maintain software products developed by Company.
- Primary responsibility for developing and maintaining the z/OS products written in Assembler.
- Provide 3rd level support for software products
- Improve overall performance of products.
- Provide technical leadership on the development and evolution of the products
- Deliver training on the products when the need arises
- Participate in the management and evolution of the development process and systems, including development, testing and support.
- 10+ years of experience with mainframe assembler development specific to the z/OS operating system and other software products.
- Experience supporting/leading/training of software development and use with little or no direction. This would include all aspects such as logical design, defining, implementing, monitoring, reporting and utilities.
- Ability to write/read/debug assembler programs in a batch and online environment.
- Solid knowledge of mainframe JCL and utilities.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen and be able to travel 10-25% of the time.